About Me

My photo
Olathe, Kansas, United States
My name is Rebecca DeMoss-Koeneke and I am originally from Iowa City, Ia, that is why I say I am an Iowa girl at Heart... I have lived in the KC metro area for almost 20 years. Since moving to KC, I married the most wonderful man in the world, Trey. For 3 years, he was a stay at home dad. Which was great for me. But in late 2010 he went back to work. That has been nice too, but required a lot of change on my part... I have two awesome kids. Peyton 7 and Emily 4. And 9 year old Border Collie Lab mix named Sinjin..... This blog will be for me to document several different things.... first of all my goal at a more healthy life. In March of 08 I began a new chapter of my life. I quit some bad habits and started Weight Watchers and working out. March 08 started out at 200lbs. By March 09 I had lost 30 lbs... In September of 09 I ran my first Triathlon. 2. I will also post updates about my family including pictures.... Unfortunately in 2010 I gained a lot of weight back, so 2011 will be another year of getting that weight off. My goal is to loose 30 lbs. Also in 2011 I am going to participate in more tris, dus and half marathons...

Sunday, November 21, 2010

FIRST Half Marathon is complete

I decided to add another event to my list for the year ..I competed in my first half marathon (Gobbler's Grind)... that is 13.1 miles... but according to my garmin, I actually ran 13.19 miles...

I finished officially at 2 hours, 33 minutes and 40 seconds. That equals about an 11:40 minute mile.... I am pretty darn happy with my time... My goal was to finish is less than a 12 minute mile which would have been 2 hours and 40 minutes......

I can not lie, I am hurting a bit today.... I actually had such a bad headache at 2pm today that I took a 2 hour nap.. .I woke up at 3 and couldn't even keep my eyes open....Hopefully I will be able to post pictures soon...

It was also a neat experience because Trey and I got to do it together... The two triathlons I did this year were women only - so it was nice we could do this together... He finished in 2 hour 24 minutes... Way to go honey....

I was able to see several friends at the run which was also very cool...... Ryan and Jennifer did the 5 k run and my friend Cynthia and her husband Steve did the half marathon.... It was actually really cool that I got to run a good portion with Cynthia. What a neat experience. I have known Cynthia for many years and was nice to have her close by.....

The only sad thing for today was that a 39 year old man went into cardiac arrest at mile 11... So far he is in critical condition - but at least he is still alive.. I pray for him and his family that he makes a full recovery......

Well - that is it for now, and my next event at this time, is another half marathon on April 2, 2011.. .I will be running for the girls on a run foundation...... will be asking for donations after the first of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment