About Me

My photo
Olathe, Kansas, United States
My name is Rebecca DeMoss-Koeneke and I am originally from Iowa City, Ia, that is why I say I am an Iowa girl at Heart... I have lived in the KC metro area for almost 20 years. Since moving to KC, I married the most wonderful man in the world, Trey. For 3 years, he was a stay at home dad. Which was great for me. But in late 2010 he went back to work. That has been nice too, but required a lot of change on my part... I have two awesome kids. Peyton 7 and Emily 4. And 9 year old Border Collie Lab mix named Sinjin..... This blog will be for me to document several different things.... first of all my goal at a more healthy life. In March of 08 I began a new chapter of my life. I quit some bad habits and started Weight Watchers and working out. March 08 started out at 200lbs. By March 09 I had lost 30 lbs... In September of 09 I ran my first Triathlon. 2. I will also post updates about my family including pictures.... Unfortunately in 2010 I gained a lot of weight back, so 2011 will be another year of getting that weight off. My goal is to loose 30 lbs. Also in 2011 I am going to participate in more tris, dus and half marathons...

Friday, July 23, 2010

T minus 8 days and counting

Well, my tri is 8 days away - (Saturday, July 31) and I am really getting excited... The last three weeks have been really good training weeks... I have improved so much on my swimming... When I started right after the 4th of July I could barely swim 4 laps without having to stop for about 30 seconds to a minute.... This week on Wednesday and today, I was able to complete 40+ laps without stopping.....I am really beginning to love the swimming thing again....

My bike has dramatically improved too - I can easily do 15 miles in an hour and did my longest last weekend of 20 miles. WHICH FELT GREAT.....

My run has not been as good as last year, but that is because I have improved the other areas so much. I am sure that with all the excitement at the time of the tri I will do just fine...

At this point I am still trying to decide what to wear - typical woman huh??? I will be hopefully riding up with another friend Saturday morning, but it will be an early one.. Gates open at 5:30 am and I would like to be there no later than 5:45.

Well - pray for me this next week - it will be a light week of working out... Monday morning, light run, Monday night open water swim, Tuesday bike, Wednesday swim and then on Thursday I will get up early, but will only walk... Then Friday will be a complete rest day.

I will post pictures as soon as the event is over and I am at home.....EXCITEMENT is BUILDING.

No comments:

Post a Comment