About Me

My photo
Olathe, Kansas, United States
My name is Rebecca DeMoss-Koeneke and I am originally from Iowa City, Ia, that is why I say I am an Iowa girl at Heart... I have lived in the KC metro area for almost 20 years. Since moving to KC, I married the most wonderful man in the world, Trey. For 3 years, he was a stay at home dad. Which was great for me. But in late 2010 he went back to work. That has been nice too, but required a lot of change on my part... I have two awesome kids. Peyton 7 and Emily 4. And 9 year old Border Collie Lab mix named Sinjin..... This blog will be for me to document several different things.... first of all my goal at a more healthy life. In March of 08 I began a new chapter of my life. I quit some bad habits and started Weight Watchers and working out. March 08 started out at 200lbs. By March 09 I had lost 30 lbs... In September of 09 I ran my first Triathlon. 2. I will also post updates about my family including pictures.... Unfortunately in 2010 I gained a lot of weight back, so 2011 will be another year of getting that weight off. My goal is to loose 30 lbs. Also in 2011 I am going to participate in more tris, dus and half marathons...

Sunday, July 18, 2010

the count down is here

Well, I am officially less than 2 weeks away from my first tri of the year..... It will be my second event as I did my first duathlon back in May.....

I am feeling pretty good about this tri and my goals for this one are pretty simple.. I would really like to finish in a better time than the Olathe Medical Women's tri from last year....Which was 1 hour 38 minutes and 38 seconds......

I don't want to be too excited, but I am thinking I should do better... Because this year I have been swimming more than I did last time... I have been swimming now 6 times and will get in at least 6 more times before the event.. Last year I think I only swam about 5 times total... Also for this tri, I will not be using a heavy mountain bike and I have been riding a long more than I did last year... I was able to do 15 miles in 1 hour today.... a total of 20 miles in 1 hour 15 minutes.....

my run will be the catcher this year.... I haven't been running as much as I would like, but I would think with all the energy and excitement of the day, I should be pretty good... I will post pictures after the event.......wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment